Thursday, February 5, 2015

hearts galore!

Joey's challenge this week is to create a tile using patterns that being with the word heart. Playing around with this one, I learned a new pattern to me: Heartline, by Helen Williams. I just love it, and practiced it a lot, enjoying every minute.

So why did I have such a hard time with this one? I did several "practice" pieces, playing around with different combinations of different patterns and wasn't happy with any of them. And finally this morning I got out a tile I had colored with watercolor pencils, and tangled on it.


 The patterns are Heartline, Heartvin, and Heartstrings. I put some fescu in, and a bit of beadlines. It still doesn't feel like it has much flow, but I like the color, and the patterns are all fun.

my favorite part is the little pink heart




2 comments:

  1. You've selected three terrific Heart Patterns for your "Heart" challenge. It is so fun to let new patterns run free and explore their form and shape. You've created a beautiful Tile using them and your background color brings a lot of warmth to your Tile. Love the shape of your Tile. Love your creativity and enthusiasm for this artform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! I love the watercolor wash. I'm gonna try that today. Thank you for the inspiration=)

    ReplyDelete