Friday, February 27, 2015

Joey's Challenge: Blocks

This is a fun challenge, using blocks as strings. Three on the bottom, two in the middle, one on top.

It is one of my favorite string techniques, and I have several ZIAs here and there using blocks as a sort of string. It always ends up looking VERY cool.

In this ZIA I used bijou tiles for my first level

1, 2, 3 (the 1 in  the middle, on the diagonal)
The second level, I used ATC's

one ATC upright, layered over the other one, perpendicular



















And for the "top" layer...I used a 3.5x3.5 tile...which actually ended up "under" everything else in the finished piece

This was how I placed my blocks, then traced them in pencil. I decided what to go over in pen after I had everything mapped out in pencil, and then I just filled the various spaces with tangles.

And this is what I ended up with. Such a fun way to tangle.

i used bead lines, fescu, verdigoh, mumsy, rixty, cadent, printemps, bublz, starsket, hollibaugh, scruffle, crescent moon, some tipple, and in the center there is a tangle based on a succulent called haworthia viscosa.

8 comments:

  1. I love the way you went about this. It didn't even cross my mind to do it like that.
    Your Rixty looks so good, I'll have to try and do it that way. Love the dropshade on your beadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a new way to look at it. Lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HeidiSue...you are the winner of the February Art Room Blog comment contest. Please contact me doodleallday@hotmail.com for your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HeidiSue...you are the winner of the February Art Room Blog comment contest. Please contact me doodleallday@hotmail.com for your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent idea. I've seen this technique several times but never with so many tiles. You carried it out well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so fun to look at. I'm going to try the drop shade on beadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hum... I guess "the crayon king isn't correct. I'll try to find it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Công ty vận chuyển hàng nước ngoài FadoExpress, hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi nhậtgửi hàng đi pháp và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete