Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Waymarks

This week the Diva turns over her blog to a guest CZT, Paula Bramante. She shared her love affair with stones, cairns,  and ceremony, and asked us to tangle using the cairn or stones as our inspiration.

A cairn is a stack or pile of stones that marks the way for travelers. They can be found on mountaintops, along trails or at the peak, to mark that people have been there. There are large, tall cairns, that are like permanent structures, and there are people...artists...whose passion is



How cool IS this!

when I first read about this, I tried my hand at building cairns on the bed of the creek, in the park where I like to walk. It was meditative, and creative. It would be fun to really take the time to find the center of gravity in each stone. I love it!

And I love the idea of waymarks, set up for travelers on a path, to help them know they are going the right way. Lovely metaphor. We all need some guidance in our journey thru life.

Ultimately, a piece I had done using ING came to mind.


thinking about stones and such brought this piece to mind. It is the first I drew in my medium large sketchbook and I really liked the corner with ING in it, and that stone wall.







so when I got thinking about this challenge, I thought I'd go with ING. It does look like a tall narrow stack. Sort of balancey.


ING, Dust Bunnies, and River. 

 Anyone who can walk this path is already free of the pull of gravity.

8 comments:

  1. Very creative to use "Ing".
    You should've taken pictures of the stones you balanced to show us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat idea to use Ing for this and a lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a refreshing way to use Ing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece. And I love your Dust Bunny clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to use ING as your stone piles,,,what an imaginative idea! But then, you are definitely always thinking outside the box. Great work!

    ReplyDelete