Saturday, March 17, 2018

Short and Sweet

Finally I got sat down with some free time, to make a blog entry!

This week's Diva Challenge was to use the tangle Verve. It's a relaxing pattern, with loads of auras around a center circle.

This is my entry:

This is the first page of my new small sketchbook. I bought a Canson mix media, a smaller version of my "large" sketchbook. I LOVE THE PAPER!

Well, I drew a string and filled it up, starting with the Verve. I added my own Concert (looking like sunrays) and Nippa, Tipple, and up in the corner, Earjools. That's a fun one, like a  Celtic triskele, around a circle rather than a triangle. Fitting for St Patrick's Day.

Then came Joey's challenge We are having SO MUCH FUN with these "finish my tile" starts that Joey is giving us. Unfortunately I didn't take a before, but tapping some Michele Wynne creativity, I made a duo challenge out of it:


The Diva Challenge section is shaded with graphite, and I decided to do the shading on the Joey Challenge section in stippling. There's some verve in there, too!


One last minute thing: The IAST challenge for St Patrick's Day, which I did ON the saint's day, and which I tried to make VERY Irish. :) 
 The challenge called for Cruze, which I could NOT make happen. I finally got it, and can do it correctly but it just didn't want to be in this tile. So...I did put in Lucky and Lukiline, and added Floose along two edges. And a bunch of pale Celtic Triskeles in the background. It's energetic and leafy and full of life, and I like it.

That's all I have. Can't believe it, but I think starting this new sketchbook with its elegant, luscious 98 lb paper has made me hesitant. But that's okay...I'll get over it. Going to spend some time tangling in it right now!

13 comments:

  1. Great marriage between two challenges, Heidi. Love it! Have to try it one of these challenge weeks myself....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Susie, this looks great!It is a wonderful composition with beautiful drawn tangles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ria. It seemed to flow this time.

      Delete
  3. Love your duo challenge! I really like the rays shooting out from behind your verve and the way you've drawn your pokeleaf. Very beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pale background patterns. It gives the tile such a lovely texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori!Thank you, it's a neat technique. I use my pale markers for it, too.

      Delete
  5. Wow Heidi! That sketchbook page is a knock-out and I love your "Concert"...sort of a tangleation of Footlites and Arukas. I'm going to have to try that one. Thanks for sharing;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Michele! I TOTALLY stole the idea from you,and I've actually tried to do it a couple of times but flubbed it so bad...but this time it came out!

      Delete